April 23-25, 2015
Although the Conference was back in April, learn more about the session and access the slides here.
- Getting More Than 10% from Formal Development Programs, a panel discussion, will take place on Thursday, April 23, 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. To accelerate leader development, organizations are reimagining formal development programs (the “10” in the 70-20-10 model) as an integrator of formal learning, as experience-centric rather than classroom-centric, and as an active, high-stakes environment. Panelist from five organization will share examples that embody these new approaches and discuss challenges and lessons learned.
The Conference Board Succession Management Conference
November 5-6, 2015
New York, NY
The theme of this years conference is Succession Management that Delivers Results: Simple, Relevant, Agile. Several sessions will be of interest to experience-driven development practitioners:
- Are Competencies Enough? Holistic Approaches to Developing Leaders (Marian Ruderman, Center for Creative Leadership)
- Accelerating Development through Experience Maps (Anu Wadhwani, Philip Morris International, and Marc Effron, The Talent Strategy Group)
- Help them Grow or Watch Them Go: The Career Development Imperative (Beverly Kaye, Career Systems International)
- How Top Companies for Women Leaders are Transforming Organizational Culture (a panel moderated by Anna Marie Valerio, Executive Leadership Strategies, with panelists from IBM, Johnson & Johnson, and EY)